More mobility. More energy. More repair. For athletes. The elderly. The injured. And, well, everyone else too. Now with over-achieving OptiMSM® – the clinically proven, internationally renowned MSM from Bergstrom Nutrition.
• More mobility, less pain
• Less cartilage damage
• Less inflammation
• More energy and activity
• Reduces hayfever and allergies
It’s a construction worker – methylsulphonylmethane, or MSM for short. It’s a form of organic sulphur that occurs naturally in the body and plays a role in the natural process of tissue repair.
More MSM means the body has more fuel for in-house mending and maintenance. It helps repair the tiny muscle tears caused by exercise and can help in the healing of damaged cartilage, tendons, ligaments, skin, or any other connective tissue.
Injuries and arthritis
MSM-Body helps relieve joint pain and stiffness. In fact, research shows that OptiMSM® protects against rheumatoid arthritis and can help reduce pain and physical inability in osteoarthritis.
Healing and repair
• Tissue maintenance. Sulphur is a mineral that contributes to connective tissue structure and repair. And MSM contains up to 34% sulphur by weight. More sulphur means more tissue repair. See the connection?
• Antioxidant protection. A study from the Department of Human Nutrition at Ohio State University showed that OptiMSM® led to an 80% increase in liver glutathione levels in mice. This is important because glutathione is an internal sulphur-containing antioxidant. So more glutathione means more power to fight free-radicals. The same study also showed that OptiMSM® helped prevent oxidative liver damage caused by toxic carbon tetrachloride.
Exercise and energy levels
MSM-Body helps your body make molehills out of mountains. It gives you more energy and helps increase stamina by providing methyl groups that can be “traded” with other molecules in the body’s energy-producing engine.
• High homocysteine is bad. Homocysteine is a precursor of toxic amino acids that cause heart attack and stroke. So, clearly, high homocysteine levels are bad.
• Low homocysteine is good. Two clinical studies have shown independently that OptiMSM® can decrease the levels of free homocysteine in your blood. Good stuff.
Respiratory function and allergies
Not to be sniffed at: OptiMSM® eases breathing and supports the respiratory system, especially in seasonal allergies.
Results of a 2009 Miami-based clinical study showed that OptiMSM® is not just a hard worker but a fast one too…
• It’s absorbed rapidly and efficiently.
• Then it’s retained in the body for an extended period.
• This means it hangs around to do all the good stuff mentioned above.