Sereen brings you these convenient capsules of the traditionally used Sceletium, a natural extract from the succulent native to South Africa, Sceletium Tortuosum, or what locals might know as Kanna, Channa or Kougoed. Traditionally used by the Southern African people as a mood enhancer and cognitive enhancer, recent studies have proven what they knew- sceletium is a wonderful aid for those suffering from stress, anxiety and even depression.
- 1 Box of 30 Capsules, each containing 200mg of Sceletium
- Each capsule has been standardized to contain 0.5% total alkaloids each.
- Grown organically in Kwa Zulu Natal
- Effective in the treatment of anxiety, stress and depression.
- Effective for use as a cognitive enhancer for studying or working for long hours.
- It is believed to function as a natural SSRI – selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor
How Sceletium Works
Sceletium works by assisting the brain in optimizing function of serotonin. It does this by processes that work on the 5-HT and PDE-4 receptors of the brain. These two receptors are responsible for the chemicals in our brain that regulate mood, cognition, memory, anxiety and stress.
Some Sceletium History…
A traditional African medicine, it has been used for thousands of years as a mood elevator, anti-depressant, anti-anxiety and stress reliever. Traditionally, it was often used to enhance peoples enjoyment of life in tough times and arid lands. It has been used as an appetite suppressant during times of drought, and hunter-gatherers as a cognitive enhancer to help them on long journeys.
200 mg pure Sceletium Tortuosum per capsule (standardised to contain 0.5 % total alkaloids each). Bovine free capsules.